The San Antonio Rampage secured a playoff spot 12 days ago with a 5-4 win over Adirondack and cliched the West Division for the first time ever with a 2-0 win over Grand Rapids on Friday. Now, they’re looking to finish off the final three games of the season strong, and it begins tonight at home against the Texas Stars. Keep reading, because in our first Rampage Review, we’ll take a look at the past week of hockey for the Panthers’ AHL affiliate.
April 7th, 2015
Rampage: 4 Barons: 1
- Rocco Grimaldi scored 2 goals in 46 seconds for his 13th and 14th goals, and his 1st multi-goal game
- Kyle Rau scored for the 2nd time in two games
- Connor Brickley picked up 2 assists, both of which on Grimaldi’s goals
- Jonathan Racine, Garrett Wilson, Mark Mancari, Quinton Howden, Michael Matheson (first pro assist and point), Brett Olson, and Logan Shaw each tallied 1 assist on the night
- Sam Brittain allowed 1 goal on 25 shots for his 4th in 3 starts
- The Rampage scored first for the 40th time this year
- Bobby Butler was injured while blocking a shot. He suffered a torn Achilles and will be out for 3-4 months
April 10th, 2015
Rampage: 2 Griffins: 0
- Garrett Wilson and Quinton Howden were the two goal-scorers for the Rampage. It was the 22nd goal of the season for Wilson and
- Greg Zanon, Connor Brickley, Michael Matheson, and Mark Mancari picked up assists
- Sam Brittain recorded his first career pro shutout with 22 saves on 22 shots
- The Rampage rounded up a total of 35 shots on goal and clinched the West Division
- Matheson was on a 2 game point streak (2a) and Connor Brickley had 4 assists in 3 games following the win
- Shane O’Brien returned to lineup after serving his 3 game suspension
April 11th, 2015
Rampage: 1 Griffins: 2
- Corban Knight scored the lone Rampage goal
- Dany Heatley and Garrett Wilson notched an assist each on the Knight goal
- Sam Brittain’s strong play sent the game to overtime
- The Rampage had 40 shots on goal which was 2 less than the Griffins’ total, and were 1/5 on the powerplay
- Garrett Wilson is currently riding a three game point streak
In Other News…
- The Panthers reassigned Vincent Trocheck and Alex Petrovic to the Rampage, making them eligible to participate in final 3 games as well as the playoffs.
- Steven Hodges, Josh McFadden, and MacKenzie Weegar were all recalled to the Rampage after the Rampage’s ECHL affiliate, the Cincinnati Cyclones, failed to make the playoffs.
- The Rampage have won 8 of their last 10 games.