The San Antonio Rampage just finished their last three games of the season, all against the Texas Stars. After clinching a playoff spot a few weeks back and even clinching the top spot in the Western division, the Rampage were surprisingly not playing at their best. The team lost their last three games, all by one goal margins.
Keep reading for more on the last three games of the regular season.
April 14, 2015
Rampage: 2 Stars: 3
- After trailing 3-0 in the beginning of the third, Corban Knight scored from a beautiful pass by John McFarland at 6:05.
- The Rampage notched a second goal on the power play after Dany Heatley passed the puck across the ice to Garrett Wilson, who quickly drove the puck to the net
- Sam Brittain had 33 saves on 36 shots, for a .917 save percentage
- Corban Knight had 14 points in his last 17 games and 6 in his last 7 for the Rampage
April 17, 2015
Rampage: 2 Stars: 3
- This was the final home game of the season before the playoffs
- The Rampage outshot the Stars 54-17, but Stars goalie Jussi Rynas finished with 52 saves to secure the win
- Vincent Trocheck, Alex Petrovic, and Dan Ellis all returned to play after being reassigned to the AHL
- Vincent Trocheck scored first for the Rampage midway through the first frame on a Shane O’Brien rebound
- Wade Megan scored late in the third period. The goal was assisted by Logan Shaw
April 18, 2015
Rampage: 3 Stars: 4
- The Rampage kept the game tied up in regulation, but eventually lost the season finale in overtime
- All three Rampage goals were scored in the 2nd period
- Connor Brickley scored his 22nd of the season off of an Alex Petrovic rebound
- Wade Megan scored a shorthanded breakaway goal in the loss
- Vincent Trocheck scored a beauty of a backhanded goal for his 2nd goal in his two games back with the Rampage
- Houser recorded 23 saves on 27 shots, for a .852 save percentage in his first start since April 2nd.
*This post will be edited with the video review of this game once it is uploaded to the Rampage’s youtube channel.
In Other News
- The 3rd seed Rampage will be playing the 6th seed Oklahoma City Barons in the first round of the playoffs. The series will begin on Thursday, April 23 at 7 PM in Oklahoma City
- The Rampage have agreed to terms with the Colorado Avalanche and will be their affiliate team for at least the next 5 seasons
Stay tuned for more posts on the Rampage and find out whether the team gains momentum in the playoffs, or cracks under the pressure. Thank you for sticking with us.