The Rampage took on the Oklahoma City Barons in Game 1 of the Western Conference quarterfinals last night. Here’s a quick recap of the game…without all of the fluff.
Rampage: 2 Barons: 5
- The Rampage goals were scored by Rocco Grimaldi and Vincent Trocheck (1st career pro playoff goals for each)
- Barons’ forward Ryan Hamilton gave Oklahoma City the lead with 6 minutes left in the 3rd period
- Oklahoma City added insult to injury with 2 empty-net goals
- Rampage forward Connor Brickley left the game in the 2nd period after an apparent injury to his face, but returned in the 3rd
- Barons’ goaltender Laurent Brossoit stopped 29 of 31 shots in his AHL playoff debut, and Dan Ellis made 33 saves on 36 shots
- The Rampage went 0-for-4 on the powerplay, while the Barons scored twice on 5 chances
- After losing this game, the Rampage are now 32-2-2-0 when leading after 2 periods and 21-3-1-0 when leading after the 1st.
- Rampage defenseman Shane O’Brien was given a game misconduct for boarding Barons’ Ryan Hamilton
The 2nd game of the best-of-5 series will be on Saturday, April 25th at 8PM.