Welcome to the 49th edition of the Panthers Prospect Update. Here, we’ll recap the past week of hockey (1/9 – 1/15) for Panthers prospects and players in college, juniors, international leagues, and the Springfield Thunderbirds, the team’s AHL affiliate.
This week: 1-1-1
- 1/11 vs. Albany Devils, 3-2 OT loss
- Goals by: Kyle Rau (2, originally credited to Brent Regner), Mackenzie Weegar (9)
- 0/5 on the power play
- 34 saves on 37 shots by Mike McKenna
- 1/13 at Albany Devils, 3-2 OT win
- Goals by: Dylan McIlrath (1), Matt MacKenzie (1), Shane Harper (5, OT GWG)
- 0/3 on the power play
- 24 saves on 26 shots by Reto Berra
- 1/14 at Providence Bruins, 1-0 loss
- Goals by: None
- 0/4 on the power play
- 18 saves on 19 shots by Reto Berra
Kitchener Rangers (OHL), Left Wing
Season stats: 41 games, 27 goals, 46 assists, 73 points
- 1/10 vs. Erie: 2 assists
- 1/12 vs. Windsor: 1 assist
- 1/13 vs. Barrie: 3 assists
- 1/15 vs. Erie: 2 assists
Peterborough Petes (OHL), Right Wing
Season stats: 41 games, 17 goals, 26 assists, 43 points
- 1/12 vs. Oshawa: 1 goal, 1 assist
- 1/13 vs. Kingston: 0 points
- 1/14 vs. Kingston: 0 points
Ohio State University (NCAA), Left Wing
Season stats: 15 games, 2 goals, 4 assists, 6 points
- 1/13 vs. Arizona State: 1 goal
- 1/14 vs. Arizona State: 0 points
Miami University (NCAA), Left Wing
Season stats: 20 games, 2 goals, 3 assists, 5 points
- 1/13 vs. North Dakota: 1 goal
- 1/14 vs. North Dakota: 0 points
CSKA Moskva (KHL), Right Wing
Season stats: 37 games, 11 goals, 9 assists, 20 points
- 1/9 vs. SKA: 1 goal
- 1/11 vs. Metallurg Nk: 0 points
- 1/13 vs. Sibir: 1 goal
- Evan Cowley (G, Denver University) entered the game on 1/14 in relief of Tanner Jaillet. He made 2 saves on 3 shots in 9:59 of work against Western Michigan.
- Ryan Bednard (G, Bowling Green State University) recorded his 3rd loss of the season on 1/14 against Minnesota State. He made 22 saves on 26 shots.
- Matt Buckles (C, Cornell University) registered a primary assist on a 2nd period goal which ended up being the game-winner on 1/14 against Quinnipiac.
- Patrick Shea (C, University of Maine) recorded his 8th assist of the season on 1/12 against Connecticut. His faceoff win created the goal, and extended his point streak to 4 games during which he has 6 points.
- Ben Finkelstein (D, St. Lawrence University) scored his 3rd goal of the season on the power play on 1/14 against Yale.
- Henrik Borgstrom (C, Denver University) recorded 0 points during the weekend series against Western Michigan. He had 2 goals and 1 assist in each of his previous 3 games.
- Thomas Schemitsch (D, Manchester Monarchs) recorded a secondary assist and a +2 rating on 1/14 against Adirondack.
- Linus Hultstrom (D, Djurgardens IF) recorded his 9th assist of the season on 1/12 against Brynas IF.