Welcome to the 59th edition of the Panthers Prospect Update. Here, we’ll recap the past week of hockey (3/20 – 3/26) for Panthers prospects and players in college, juniors, international leagues, and the Springfield Thunderbirds, the team’s AHL affiliate.
This week: 0-2-1
- 3/24 at Rochester Americans, 4-3 OT loss
- Goals by: Josh Brown (3), Dryden Hunt (11), Chase Balisy (14)
- 0/0 on the power play
- 27 saves on 31 shots by Adam Wilcox
- 3/25 at Toronto Marlies, 4-1 loss
- Goals by: Jared McCann (7)
- 1/4 on the power play
- 24 saves on 28 shots by Sam Brittain
- 1 saves on 1 shots by Adam Wilcox
- 3/26 at Rochester Americans, 2-0 loss
- Goals by: None
- 0/5 on the power play
- 30 saves on 31 shots by Adam Wilcox
Kitchener Rangers (OHL), Left Wing
Playoff stats: 2 games, 1 goal, 1 assist, 2 points
- 3/24 vs. Owen Sound: 0 points
- 3/25 vs. Owen Sound: 1 goal, 1 assist
Peterborough Petes (OHL), Right Wing
Playoff stats: 2 games, 2 goals, 0 assists, 2 points
- 3/23 vs. Niagara: 0 points
- 3/25 vs. Niagara: 2 goals
Oshawa Generals (OHL), Defenseman
Playoff stats: 2 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, 1 point
- 3/24 vs. Sudbury: 0 points
- 3/26 vs. Sudbury: 1 assist
Blainville-Boisbriand Armada (QMJHL), Goaltender
Season stats: 3 games, 3-0-0 record, 1.00 GAA, .944 SV%
- 3/23 vs. Drummondville: Win, 1 goal allowed on 15 shots
- 3/24 vs. Drummondville: Win, 1 goal allowed on 11 shots
- 3/26 vs. Drummondville: Win, 1 goal allowed on 19 shots
University of Denver (NCAA), Center
NCAA championship tournament stats: 2 games, 0 goals, 4 assists, 4 points
- 3/25 vs. Michigan Tech: 1 assist
- 3/26 vs. Penn State: 3 assists
- Advanced to Frozen Four
- Joe Wegwerth advanced to the Frozen Four as Notre Dame defeated Minnesota on 3/25 and UMass-Lowell on 3/26. Wegwerth played in both games but did not record a point.
- Chris Wilkie was eliminated from the NCAA Championship tournament as North Dakota lost to Boston University on 3/24 in double OT. Wilkie, a sophomore, did not play in the game. He is expected to return to UND next season as a junior.
- Miguel Fidler was eliminated from the NCAA Championship tournament as Ohio State lost to Minnesota-Duluth in OT on 3/25. Fidler did not record a point in the game. He is expected to return to OSU as a junior next season.
- Matt Buckles was eliminated from the NCAA Championship tournament as Cornell lost to UMass-Lowell on 3/25. He recorded 0 points in the game.